Hello humans!
So today I’m going to
review a much talked-about product… The Benefit They’re Real Push Up Liner. It
is a new addition to the benefit permanent collection and I cant wait to share
you guys my thoughts on it, so click read more!
![]() |
| Image from Benefit.com |
BTW! I'm giving this baby away on instagram!! Click here to find out about my GIVEAWAY :D
First Impression:
So the Benefit
They’re Real Push Up Liner is a gel eyeliner in a pen form with a AccuFlex tip
that is supposed to apply on smoothly, last long, and wont dry out.
Of course Benefit is
infamous for their amazing They’re Real Mascara. So I thought this is sort of
an accompanying liner to wear with it.
At first the product
felt kind of strange. In order to dispense the product you have to twist the
cap off, take of the orange tip protector, and twist the bottom of the pen to
discharge the product.
Upon twisting, I
noticed that the product was not evenly distributed along the tip. It kind of
just gunked out on one end. So I tried to apply it hesitantly. But first, I
blotted a lot of the liner of to prevent any of the gunk to make a huge mess.
It is seriously
SMOOTH. I mean like smooth like a baby’s bottom smooth. My only concern was the
fact that I did not manage to get a clean line straight away. The formulation
caused this liner to crease with my eye. Me no likey.
BUT THEN, I tried
winging my liner out. Man does the tip of the liner save my time. Because of
its rubbery tip and angled edge, it is super easy to create a flick. Whether
it’s a wing, a cat eye, or lining my bottom lash line, it was made easier with
the tip.
FORMULA:
This baby is exactly
like the They’re Real Mascara. It does not budge. The colour is amazing.
Smooth. Like smooth. Most gel eyeliner (ugh, MAC Blacktrack fluidline) dries
out pretty fast. But this one doesn’t.
It is super long
lasting and water proof. I wore it swimming in the ocean on my holiday (VLOG
here), and it was still there by the time I got back to my hotel!
APPLICATION:
Like all new
innovative products, we have to get used to it before judging it. After wearing
it numerous times over a period of 3 weeks, I got used to using this product
that I can see it being a staple. It is a gel liner in liquid liner form (?)
![]() |
| Here is my 1st trial with the liner. For the eye makeup, check out my LORAC Unzipped Palette review here! |
Lining a thin line on
the inner corner is tough. Because it is kind of hard to estimate how much
product is left on the tip (blot off before using it!) but it is lash hugging.
After some practice, I managed to get a clean line in just one stroke. And trust
me, I’m no master in lining my eyes so this says a lot.
I tried wearing it
with the They’re Real Mascara, and I can see it being compatible in a sense
that they both fill up my lash line. Both are crazy waterproof too!
![]() |
| Here's how the liner looks after numerous attempts and practices. SO MUCH BETTER! |
OVERALL:
It was definitely NOT
love at first sight. But after judging this product over a period of time… I
fell in love. Fair warning, the application process can be a nightmare (imagine
screwing up your liner and having to do your entire eye makeup all over again)
so practice is essential. The product retails for USD 24 on the Benefit website
and I would totally repurchase this baby.
Verdict
9/10





saw a lot of youtubers review it and it got pretty much mixed reviews :/ thanks for putting your two cents!
ReplyDelete