Saturday, January 11, 2014

How to Look Skinnier Using Makeup



Hello humans! So this was a requested video, since I did my highlighting and contouring tutorial ages ago (when I was waaaayyy skinnier) I decided to make an updated version. Some of you also asked on how to look skinnier or thinner using makeup, so here's some of the tips and tricks I do into creating an illusion of a more slender face :D

Mind you that I'm not an expert, but I just thought about sharing some of my own tips and trick for you guys :D


In case you missed it, here's my first ever highlighting and contouring video :)


And here's the video on how to make your self look skinnier or thinner using makeup :)

Here's some photos of the look and some tips :D

Before and After! Hell difference, still chubby, but with more dimension and less focus on 'bloatiness' (idk it that's even a word :p)


Shade around the perimeter of the face and highlight the center. This will make the appearance of a more slender face as the dark colour looks further away from the audience.


Heavy eye makeup (note, not like a whore black smokey eye) diverts attention away from chubby cheeks and double chin. Higher brow arch also elongates the face, making it look less wide.


Soft lips (can be nude, taupe or pink) lessen the focus on the bottom half of your face, which is usually where people tend to look chubbiest :)

List of products used:

  • Dermablend face primer
  • NYX HD Foundation in 'Natural Beige'
  • Model's Prefer Airbrush Buffing Brush
  • Mehron Pro Color Wheel
  • Real Techniques tapered foundation brush
  • MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Foundation in 'NC45' (fyi my normal skintone is NC42
  • Elf Angled Foundation Brush
  • MUFE Loose Powder
  • Real Technique's Buffing Brush
  • The Body Shop Brow Powder
  • Urban Decay NAKED3 Palette
  • Eyeko Faty Mascara
  • MAC Shanghai Spice Lipstick


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment