Sunday, November 30, 2014

Tamanna Palette (Anastasia Beverly Hills) Review and Swatches

Hello humans! I haven’t done a review in so long, and I wanted to comeback with a review on my current most used eyeshadow palette from Anastasia Beverly Hills, the Tamanna Dress Your Face Palette. I also have a review on the Maya Mia Palette, which I will post after this, but for now I hope I can quench your thirst for eyeshadow palette with this review


Packaging:

Compared to the Lavish Palette, I prefer the packaging of this palette as it comes with a handy huge mirror. However, the palette is in this cardboard material, so you can’t really use it on the table, you have to hold it up.



Some things that came with the palette is a double-ended brush and 5 tutorial cards made by @dressyourface herself. Usually I don’t use these brushes that comes with eyeshadow palettes, but this brush is actually of great quality. One sided is a dome shaped shader brush, and the other is a fluffy shader brush.

Color Selection:

Some people complained that these three palettes (Amrezy, Maya Mia and Tamanna) are too similar. I can see their reason, because all of them (well I can’t speak for the Amrezy palette because I don’t have it) has a repeating pattern of wearable neutrals accompanied by a couple of statement colors.

Tamanna Palette has a darker selection of neutral shades, including a highly pigmented matte black eyeshadow called Noir, a rich contouring shade called Chocolate and shimmering brown shade called Gilded. The brightest colour is a light blue color called Venezia.

The shimmering colours are a dream to blend, especially my favorite shades from the palette, Sangria and China Rose. The darker matte shades are highly pigmented, Bengal is very saturated compared to the matte neutral shade called fresh.

Formulation:

The Anastasia Beverly Hills eyeshadows are luxurious in quality, with great pigmentation, minimal fallout and longevity. With its high price, I actually feel that it was worth the money. The only ones I don’t like is the lighter matte shades, with my medium to dark skintone the shadow does not appear as vibrant compared to the light shimmering and satin shades.

Verdict


9/10



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment